DO YOU EVER:
- Feel angry, irritable, confused, or worried and not sure why?
- Drink a little more just to take the edge off?
- Feel run down or exhausted all the time?
- Have difficulty unwinding from work?
- Avoid social activities that you used to actually enjoy?
- Lose too much time to t.v., online, other mindless distractions?
- Question yourself or your decision making at work, on the job, or at home?
- Feel deeply committed to doing your best, whether it’s your mission in public service,
or to serve your family or your organization?
Stress and Trauma find us, whether we want them to or not. Life is unpredictable and challenges come our way – whether it’s a death or illness of a loved one, a family situation, a chronically stressful work situation, relationship conflict, stuff we’ve buried from the past, you name it. There are specific skills we can learn to help deal with what we’ve been through, what we’re going through, or to even buffer ourselves against what may happen in the future.
Dr. Gavian, Thank you so much for joining me at the Fallen Firefighters Memorial on 9/11 and for all your work helping first responders, veterans and those who need help. I’m grateful for you and your work.